These biscuits were the bomb dot com! Thats what the kids would say? I’m super hip right?! RIGHT!? But seriously the are flavor packed!! Make them.
2 cups all- purpose flour
1+ 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup fire roasted chilies, diced
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
1-2 Tbs melted butter, for brushing over tops
1) Preheat the oven to 400
2) In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender or two knives scissor fashion until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) In a small bowl stir together milk and sour cream until mixture is almost smooth.
5) Make a well in the center of the flour mixture an add the milk mixture. Using a wooden spoon stir just until the dough sticks together. Stir in the chilies and cheese.
6) Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, flour your hands and knead about 10 times or until dough holds together.
7) Pat or roll out dough to 1/2- inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter and place on parchment lined or non- stick baking sheet.
8) Bake for 12- 15 minutes Until biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven and baste with butter!