The photo for this delicious dinner won the #myharmons contest… better then just looking at this zesty flank steak is actually letting it dance on your tastebuds. Its tender and juicy, also so bright, yet hardy. Give it a try!
1 1/2 lb flank steak.
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup worcestershire
2 large cloves of garlic (or 4 small cloves), minced
2 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbs dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed and if the asparagus in thick, cut it in half vertically.
1/2 cup feta
2 Tbs olive oil
1) Between two sheets of plastic wrap, pound out your flank steak. The size of the steak won’t change much but it will make the steak a little easier to work with when its time to wrap.
2) Assemble marinade. With a whisk, mix all the ingredients for the marinade, RESERVE 1/4 CUP OF THE MIXTURE. Place steak in a shallow baking dish or a zip lock bag and pour marinade over steak. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3) When your ready to cook your steak, preheat the oven to 375. Cut Steak into 4 to 5 strips. Warm a large skillet to a med high heat and add 2 Tbs oil…When oil is really hot, sear the meat. You may need to do this in 2 batches. Be carful of spatter. It should only take about 2 minutes on each side to get a nice caramelization.
4) Remove meat from skillet and place on a foil lined baking sheet. In the middle of each strip of steak place 4-5 asparagus, and sprinkle generously with feta. Bring both sides of steak up and around the asparagus, tie together with kitchen twine. Pour the reserved marinade over the tops of the steak and asparagus.
5) Bake for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 135 (medium rare) 145 (medium) ENJOY