You want your house to smell like heaven? Make these! After all, it's almost fall...time to throw ginger and cinnamon into the rotation.
2 cups coconut
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350
1) Spread coconut evenly on a sheet pan. Bake for 5-8 min or until the coconut is a golden color.... watch closely...I tend to always burn my first batch. Stir the coconut about half way through to make sure it browns evenly. When toasted, place coconut in a bowl to be used later.
2) In a medium bowl stir together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and molasses until combined. Beat in flour mixture.
4) Mix in white chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
5) Shape dough into balls, place them onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet and flatten them a little by pressing down on them with your palm. Bake for 10-12 min rotating half way through. Try your best not to over bake these cookies... when they start to crackle on the top they are done.
6) Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool and Enjoy!