“Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free”. -The presidents of the United States of America
The most wonderful time of the year, Peach season!!
2 1/4 cups flour + 1/4 cup for dusting
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbs cold butter, cut into pieces
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups peaches, cut into 1.2 inch pieces
1/3 cup blanched sliced almonds
1/4 cup raw sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 egg white whisked until foamy
Preheat the oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
1) In a medium sized bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a pastry cutter, incorporate the butter.. mixing util it resembles a course sand.
2) In a small bowl mix the cream, egg and almond extract. Slowly pour cream mixture into the flour mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon.
3) Dust your working surface with flour. Place your dough onto the floured surface, dust the top of the dough with flour…push out your dough until it is a flat disk. Sprinkle 1/2 of your peaches on top and then gently knead them into the dough, sprinkling it with flour as you go (it will get pretty sticky)….flatten out the dough again and add the remaining peaches. Again knead them gently into the dough.
4) When the peaches are mixed in. Pat the dough into a 10 inch disk… sprinkle the almonds over the top. Brush with the egg whites and then sprinkle generously with raw sugar.
5) Bake for 18-20 minutes…until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!