Who doesn't love a good fish taco. This one is particularly great with the spiciness of the blackening seasoning mixed with the sweet tanginess of the corn salad. Such a perfect summer supper...but, I would eat it in the dead of winter, no problem.
4 filets of tilapia
2 Tbs paprika
1 Tbs onion powder
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs dried thyme
2 ears of corn
1/8 olive oil (plus extra for grilling)
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbls finely chopped red onlion
1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
1 1/2 Tbs fresh Basil, chopped
10 corn tortillas
1) Bush ears of corn with olive oil. Roast corn on the grill turning often until desired doneness. ( about 5-7 minutes) If you don't want to grill them, just steam them instead.
2) cool corn and cut from cob.
3) whisk olive oil, vinegar. add corn, onions, tomatoes, queso fresco, and chopped basil. toss to coat and set aside.
4) Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet or frying pan, heat to medium high. Drizzle olive oil on your fish filets and coat with blackening seasoning. Cook fish about 3 min on each side (more or less depending on the thickness of the filet) Depending on the size of your pan you might have to do this in batches.
5) Heat your corn tortillas in a small frying pan. Keeping the warmed ones covered with tinfoil as you go.
Assemble and Enjoy!