This Recipe in not mine! I got it from www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
I'm not sure what the blog land etiquette is. I'm pretty new to this game; but out of all the photos I've posted on my Instagram this is the one I got the most recipe requests for and rightly so....because this recipe is the BOMB (am I too old to say that?) anyways ... Enjoy. And if I'm doing this wrong let me know, or don't..haha.
2 cups all- purpose flour
1+ 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
1/2 cup full fat sour cream
2 rounded Tbs snipped chives or green onions
1-2 Tbs melted butter, for brushing over tops
1) Preheat the oven to 400
2) In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender or two knives scissor fashion until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) In a small bowl stir together milk and sour cream until mixture is almost smooth then stir in the chives.
5) Make a well in the center of the flour mixture an add the milk mixture. Using a wooden spoon stir just until the dough sticks together.
6) Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, flour your hands and knead about 10 times or until dough holds together.
7) Pat or roll out dough to 1/2- inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter and place on parchment lined or non- stick baking sheet.
8) Bake for 12- 15 minutes Until biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven and baste with butter!